Monday 1 August 2011

From Shanghai with love

I did this short tour on behalf of Live the Journey, and when I saw the rooming list I feared that communications may be a problem, I was pleasantly surprised when the group could speak English very well and that my South African accent did not bother at all. Notwithstanding the rainy weather we are great fun my Chinese Group and I, Monday it was the Waterfront ,Tuesday we did the  Cape Peninsula and the group have had lots of luck, Baboons ,Eland, ostrich (on their annual beach holiday) rock hyraks Whales and the Penguins at Boulders, what a pleasure.








  Wednesday we finished our wine tastings with an private moment with cheetahs. and Thursday we drove from Stellenbosch to Knysna, ending the evening with our own oyster festival (a starter of only 70 large and small oysters mixed) at JJs Restaurant. this is how a Holiday in South Africa should be !!!!




Friday we spent the morning relaxing in Knysna,had a huge lunch at the Oyster bar and in the afternoon we were entertained by Oudtshoorn's faithful Ostriches. The sunset and night sky at Buffelsdrift game Lodge was just Perfect as the pictures will attest.

Saturday morning we visited the Cango Caves and made a stop at a leather factory outlet, they even had a short tour of the facility.  Route 62 is always worth the drive and now that the rain brought out the flowers yellow,pink,blue and orange, it remains one of my favourite routes to drive. Our farewell  dinner in Stellenbosch was good and everybody expressed their satisfaction with their experience.
If all my groups are like this group from Shanghai China then they can all come this way please










No comments:

Post a Comment